Quartersawn oak mortise and tenon joinery and a beveled glass top make this coffee table a welcome addition to any home.
There are twenty-six spindles in this craftsman-style coffee table which with traditional methods would mean a lot of mortises to drill and square up with a chisel. Fortunately we came up with a different procedure to make the mortises both quickly and accurately at the table saw. The beveled glass top complements the table beautifully. However if you prefer the more traditional look of a solid wood top we’ve included that as an option.
What you get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 10 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- 60 full-color photos illustrations and exploded views
- Cutting diagram and materials list
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies