This imaginative design not only makes a wonderful gift it’s also a great way to build your woodworking skills.
Building boxes is a fundamental woodworking skill. After all the techniques used to build a box are also key to many furniture projects. And when you consider the added scrutiny a small project receives your woodworking skills and attention to detail will be put to the test. In this design the basic box is built using splined miters. The “ribbon” box features an interesting inlay and handle and a clever technique is used for creating a lipped fitted lid.
What you get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 8 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- More than 60 full-color photos illustrations and exploded views
- Bonus techniques on splined miters and planing thin stock
- Cutting Diagram. Materials list. Project Sources