This arbor presents a few challenges — But don’t let that scare you. It’s designed to be built and assembled in manageable sections.
What’s different about building an outdoor project? The kind of wood hardware glue and finish all need to be able to survive the elements. But none of these differences really affect the woodworking part of the project — how the pieces are cut and put together. This outdoor project is different for another reason — its size. Standing almost 8′ tall this garden arbor is one of the biggest woodworking project we’ve ever tackled. Even though there was plenty of woodworking involved in building the arbor it also challenged us to get out of our usual woodworking “routine.” After all when building a project of this scale you just can’t always approach things the same way. This plan will take you step-by-step through the project to insure your success.
What you get:
- 13 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- 50 full-color photos illustrations and exploded views
- A bonus article on easy outdoor finishes
- Cutting diagram materials list and retail sources for hardware
- Shop-tested guarantee from the editors of Woodsmith and ShopNotes magazines