The classic design of this English bench makes it a beautiful piece to accent your garden or deck. And this bench is as strong as it is attractive.
Any project that sits outdoors has to withstand the elements. This bench is built from redwood which resists decay. Instead of the usual yellow glue a plastic resin glue was used to weather as well as (and maybe even better than) the redwood. Rust-proof brass screws fasten down the seat slats and a few other pieces. The finish used on the bench is a shop-mixed combination of spar varnish and a tung oil sealer. This combination offers the penetrating protection of an oil and the slight sheen provided by a varnish. And with just a few modifications to the bench you can build a matching Redwood Armchair and put together a set of furniture for your garden.
What you get:
- 14 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- 60 full-color photos illustrations and exploded views
- Article on building outdoor projects that resist the weather
- Full plans for building a matching chair
- Materials list and cutting diagram
- Retail sources for project hardware