Made with common materials and hardware this shop-built panel saw allows one person to easily crosscut or rip a full sheet of plywood.
This shop-built Panel Saw makes precise vertical cuts just by pulling the sliding carriage (holding your circular saw) down across the sheet of plywood. Your saw mounted in the milled phenolic carriage travels on guide rails with nylon rollers to cut through plywood or other sheet goods. For ripping plywood rotate the saw in the carriage. Removable wings extend two feet on each side of the main body to balance the sheet. You rip by sliding the sheet through the Panel Saw. Our Panel Saw has a folding stand so it folds flat against a wall when not in use and casters make it easy to roll around.
What you get:
- 11 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- Over 60 full-color photos and illustrations
- Optional add-on of a router carriage
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies
- Shop-tested guarantee from the editors of Woodsmith magazine