All it takes to turn your block plane into a precision tool is a simple tune-up. Here’s our step-by-step approach.
A block plane should be a precision tool but they don’t always come out of the box from the manufacturer that way. In this article the ShopNotes editors show you step-by-step how to tune up your block plane to get all the performance it’s capable of. Your block plane will be a pleasure to use each time you reach for it.
What you get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 4 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- 20 full-color photos and illustrations
- How to tune the height adjustment throat blade seat and lever cap
- How to flatten the sole and sharpen the blade